As an FQHC, Health Care Partners of South Carolina is governed by a Board of Directors which consists of community leaders and patients. At a minimum, 51% of the board must be patients. Directors are selected for their expertise in community affairs, local government, business development, social work and other philanthropic interests.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Board
- The roles and responsibilities of the Board of Directors include, in part:
- Selecting services to be provided by the clinics.
- Approving the annual budget.
- Assuring the clinics are operating in compliance with the law.
- Adopting health care policies, including scope and availability of services, locations and hours of services.
- Evaluating clinic activities, including services, community needs and community-specific health care initiatives.
- Approving grants.
- Hiring and evaluating the CEO.
Our Board of Directors
George L. Williams, Jr.
Dr. Covia Stanley
Dr. William Hughes